All photos by www.megan-weaver.com
With spring around the corner I’ve been anxiously awaiting wearing spring fashion, however Mother Nature hasn’t quite been on the same page, like at all! (22° photo shoot day ????) . One of the ways To give yourself all the spring feels without also giving yourself the chills is to add cozy, spring hued layers. I chose a blush cardi for this look but you could add a scarf or cute coat if you live in a colder area.
If you’re like me you’ve always had a desire to be able to throw on a basic tee or tank and some ripped jeans and somehow come out looking effortlessly chic. However more often then not it’s a flop! Over the years I’ve learned that with a few things in mind you can easily take that ensemble from drab to FAB. First you’ll want to make sure you have a good fitting pair of distressed girlfriend jeans. The wrong pair can make you look sloppy or bigger than you are. Second is a cute and most importantly, fitted top, again you dont want to wear all oversized pieces. Third is probably the most obvious and overlooked step, accessories! Accessories are probably one of the, if not THE most important part of making a casual outfit look put together and chic. Taking the time to find the right statement earrings (or necklace) and perfect pair of shoes is never time wasted IMO. For this look I styled a basic white tank and distressed denim with this adorable puff sleeve cardigan, pom pom pumps and feather earrings to give polished vibe to this casual look.
Whats your favorite way to dress like spring when it feels like winter?
Links à la Mode, January 25th, 2018
- April Was Here: Winter Favorite: Camel Coat
- A Housewife in Heels: Pink Cardi x Pom Pom Pumps
- Chicago Petite Blog: How to Wear Boyfriend Jeans for Petites
- Girl in Betsey: 3 Day New York City Travel Guide
- Eboni Curls: Houndstooth
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Sneakers and Skirts
- I’m a Norbyah: I Got It From My Daddy
- Kintan Fashion: Sunny Day Wearing a Black Coat
- Modernly Michelle: Striped Blouse + Floral Mini Skirt
- Online Personal Stylist: How to Style Your DIY Frayed Jeans
- Petite Dressing: Monochromatic Dressing Tips for Petite Women
- Sifa’s Corner: Facial Mist: 5 Products You Can Use With or Without Makeup
- With Love, Lily Rose: Going Back to Work After The Baby: Tips & Products #ForBetterBeginnings